99% of the calcium in your body is in your bones and your teeth. The other 1% is found in muscles, nerves and other body systems.
Calcium is needed and used by your nervous system all the time. Your body continually needs calcium. About 1000 mg per day. If it does not get enough from your diet, it will take it out of your bones. This creates decreased bone density over time. After menopause, women need about 1200 mg of calcium per day. Where does the body get it? You guessed it, out of the bones.
That is why most people have decreased bone density with old age.
A sign of a lack of enough calcium in your diet, is muscle twitches and spasms.
Foods rich in calcium include dairy products and green leafy vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, dandelion, turnip, collard, mustard, kale and Swiss chard. Also tofu, blackstrap molasses, hazelnuts, oysters, sardines, canned salmon, dried figs and kelp.
Of course most people don't eat enough of these every day. Therefore it is essential to supplement with Calcium tablets.
Get high quality (expensive) calcium citrate and supplement every day to keep your bone density high.
Look after your health
Article from Health Bytes
For all official information and updates regarding Covid-19 visit the South African Department of Health website at www.SAcoronavirus.co.za or their WhatsApp line on 0600-123456. If you want your own WhatsApp Chatbot visit www.whatskonnekt.com